Meet Dr. Yashar
Board Certified Neurosurgeon
Dr. Yashar has become a preeminent Neurosurgeon in the Los Angeles, San Fernando, and Santa Clarita areas since completing his fellowship and residency. With his broad experience, interest, and accomplishments in Spine, Brain, and Neuro-Interventional procedures, Dr. Yashar is a highly-skilled and exceptional Neurosurgeon, focusing on all aspects within the field of Neurosurgery, along with a special emphasis on both Spinal Surgery and Interventional Neurosurgical Procedures.
The son of an engineer and an LAUSD-based educator, Dr. Yashar attended the University of California, Los Angeles after graduating from the Medical Magnet program at Van Nuys High School.
He completed his studies at UCLA within the Department of Computer Sciences, receiving his Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) with both High Honors and Departmental Distinction in Cybernetics, while simultaneously completing a Minor degree in Education Studies.
- Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- LAC+USC Medical Center/Kecxk School of Medicine
- Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- University at Buffalo (UBNS)
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- Mission Community Hospital
- Providence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Providence St. John’s Hospital (in progress)
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from UCLA, Dr. Yashar moved to Chicago, where he attended The Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University and received his Doctorate of Medicine degree (M.D.). Dr. Yashar, subsequently, completed an internship in surgery at Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and then returned to Los Angeles to complete his residency in Neurological Surgery at LAC+USC Medical Center/Keck School of Medicine. During his residency, he pursued and completed an internationally-recognized Endovascular Fellowship under the mentorship of Dr. L. Nelson Hopkins, Dr. Elad I. Levy, and Dr. Adnan H. Siddiqui at the University at Buffalo (SUNY-Buffalo) in Upstate New York.
Dr. Yashar is committed to providing compassionate care and empathy to all of his patients. He treats each patient individually, providing them with the necessary tools to direct their own care, and guiding them through each step of the treatment process. This not only includes surgical options–but non-surgical strategies as well–including, both before and after any surgical procedure.
- I realized that Dr. Yashar genuinely cares to cure his patient with or without money, which makes him an exceptional doctor in a city that most physicians don't even listen to their patients, and all they do is to collect $ and ignore patients. At Dr. Yashar office I dealt with Amber and Michael who has been a credit to their profession and went above and beyond patient satisfaction.